Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Granny and Bud

Yesterday I did a painting of my Grandparents for my mom (her mom and dad).  It was painted from an old photograph of the two of them taken back in the early 1940's. It has always been one of my favorite pictures of them. I never had the pleasure of meeting my grandfather since he died before I was born. But I did have the chance to spend the majority of my life with my grandmother before she passed a few years ago. She is truly missed.Wish I could have known him as well.  I was wanting to give her something for Mother's Day and decided I would paint something for her. I came across this picture and decided I would paint it for her. When I was done painting it, I framed it and hung it in her room next to her bed. I think she really likes it. Well she said she did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment